we love to have snacks around here in the evenings when we settle in. sometimes something as simple as popcorn or as fancy as a mixed fruit and cheese plate. for the past 2 nights we have been enjoying artichoke dip with toast and fruit. i love artichokes. jambaloney likes them - but i love them!
here's a picture of the finished product:
and another of our shared plate. yummeh!
heated artichoke dip
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of cream cheese
1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
a splash of apple cider vinegar WITH the Mother
a dollop of unpasteurized honey
6-8 artichokes from a jar of preserved artichokes (preserved in cold-pressed virgin olive oil and vinegar)
sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
crackers, melba toast or regular toast (we like regular toast!)
1. preheat oven to 350C. combine sour cream, cream cheese and parmesan. mix thoroughly.
2. chop up 6-8 artichokes - don't drain them. add the artichokes and their oil to the cheese mixture.
3. add garlic, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper to taste - we love a ton of pepper.
4. if using regular toast, make your toast now. once the toast is finished, set out on a plate and let dry out for the next 10-15 mins.
5. put the artichoke dip in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins.
when we re-heated the artichoke dip for snack the next night, we added chopped up green olives - yummy! we have also been known to add green onion and i am thinking of adding fresh cranberries to the next batch. i'll let you know how that turns out.
we love this snack! enjoy!