- - - - - - - our recipeez, our outlook on food and some of our "good eats". welcome...and enjoy!
Thursday, December 22, 2011
pasta primevera - done the Framboise Manor way!
yummy pasta primevera! i know that this might not be the way that old school Italian's prepare this dish but here at Framboise Manor it is a staple and a good one at that! we love cheesy, creamy pasta and veggies!
here are some of the ingredients that we used this time:
the usual suspects (fresh-crushed garlic cloves (3-4), a dollop of unpasteurized honey and a splash of apple cider vinegar WITH the mother in it))
fresh veggies of your choice (for this one, we used sliced carrots, chopped cauliflower, chopped broccoli and spinach)
cream - we use the thick 18% kind - yummeh!
a nice-sized dollop of butter
sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper to taste
1. cook your egg noodles according to the directions on the package. strain and set aside.
2. meanwhile, heat a nice-sized dollop of butter in a pan. toss in your veggies and saute for a few minutes until they start to tenderize. we like ours crunchy! when the veggies have tenderized, add the garlic, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper.
3. stir in as much cream as you want. i like to stir in quite a bit and then let it cook off.
4. add a nice handfull of grated parmesan. keep stirring.
5. when everything is to taste, toss in the noodles for a minute or two.
6. serve with some more grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. enjoy!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
That looks so yummy. I put water on to boil for pasta and let the pan go dry. Rats! Now, I am twice as hungry! I will be right over for lunch/dinner.ReplyDelete
People should learn to make dishes with what they have instead of using recipes that call for other ingredients. I do that with pasta. Right now, I have some pesto I may just have to eat with a spoon!